The Narromine Jets have celebrated the end of the season in style hosting their presentation evening on Friday, September 14.
Red and white filled the Narromine USMC, major sponsors of the club, as players, friends and family gathered together to cap off the football season.
The Jets were honoured to have Geoff Mann and his wife Bridgett as their special guest and MC for the evening.
Mr Mann is highly respected for his sports involvement and knowledge and has recently been named Project Chair for the Sporting Legends Drive that will form entry to the multi-million dollar sporting hub to be in Dubbo that was recently announced.
Also special guests Bob Walsh and his wife Robyn from the Narromine USMC were present on the night.
While it wasn’t a successful season on the field as the Jets would have liked, there was still plenty of celebrating to be done.
The Jets had a great year off the field building their team work, club culture and reinforcing their commitment to the community.
Fantastic events took place throughout the year such as the Cale Oval Working Bee, annual Charity Day, Indigenous Round, the Jets Ball and the fundraising for Chris Wilcox who was unfortunate enough to be injured during the season.
Jets President Archie Harding thanked all the sponsors for the season. “We are very lucky to have a fantastic group of people who support the Narromine Jets,” Harding said.
“Without their financial support the club could not function.”
Harding also went on to praise the coaching and managing staff.
“Your jobs are not always easy but you have done an amazing job and your efforts for the players and the club is to be commended,” Harding said.
Some of the important awards to be presented on the night included most consistent, most improved, managers award and best and fairest for all four grades.
Special perpetual presentations on the night included:
- Michael Sambrook Memorial Reserve Grade Encouragement Award – Linton Shaw
- Noel Powell Memorial Highest Point Scorer – Tony Clevin
- Everett Family League Tag Dedication & Attitude Award – Jessica Blease
- Peter Mann Memorial Reserve Grade Dedication and Attitude Award – Dave Wilson
- Ross Tapp Under 18’s Dedication & Attitude Award- Jarrod Hennessy
- Scottie Low Memorial 1st Grade Dedication & Attitude Award – Janus Walford
- Roy Astill Memorial Coaches Award – Tony Clevin
- Bev and Ron Cape Junior Player of the Year – Sam Green
- Weir Family Club Person of the Year – Sally Everett
- Player of the Year – Alex Sambrook
While the 2018 season is over, the Jets committee are already busy with preparations commencing for off-season activities and planning for 2019.
Applications are currently being accepted for coaching staff.
Our annual general meeting will be held on Saturday, October 20, with anyone interested in becoming a committee member encouraged to come along.