A Magistrate has refused a 52-year-old Narromine man's request for bail after he allegedly attacked a 29-year-old woman in Dubbo at about 10pm on Friday.
Police allege Stephen Charles Bell, of Cathundril Street, robbed the woman in a Thompson Street driveway.
According to police, Mr Bell is alleged to have "opened the passenger door and took the woman's property before allegedly assaulting her by grabbing her hair and pushing her into the car door and window, resulting in a head injury".
"The woman was then pulled out of the vehicle by a second man," police said.
The man who allegedly accompanied Mr Bell remained at large on Monday and has not been publicly identified.
Police arrested Mr Bell at about 1pm on Saturday in Narromine and at Dubbo Police Station he was charged with aggravated robbery and intentionally inflicting bodily harm.
Mr Bell was denied bail by police, who noted he was previously convicted of committing a range of offences and on a good behaviour bond, documents presented to Dubbo Local Court on Monday indicated.
Police said Mr Bell declined to participate in a recorded interview.
READ ALSO: Teacher pay in the spotlight
In court on Monday to apply for bail, Mr Bell agreed to reside in Narromine and report to police daily if bail was granted. A $3000 surety offer was also made.
The prosecution opposed the granting of bail.
Magistrate Theresa Hamilton rejected Mr Bell's bail request in light of the seriousness of the offence, unacceptable risk he posed to community safety and his previous offending.
The whereabouts, of the phone and Ford Falcon that allegedly belonged to the woman Mr Bell is accused of robbing, remain unknown.
The matter returns to court on July 8.